Translate

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Victorian Angel Ornament and more decorations

I am still putting finishing touches to our Christmas decor
as I find more goodies
One of the prettiest little graphics came from Kerryanne English "Simply Christmas"
at "Shabby Art Boutique"



Kerryanne ,posted the little angels for us to download.
She gave the tutorial to make lovely little tree decorations with them.
I adapted it,by just glueing it onto a tiny paper doily and adding a ribbon
to hang. Then touched the wings with a little silver glitter



I found some aqua baubles at Vinnies for $2 and added them to my silver and white dining room mantle.








I collect Myer Christmas Bears,and they love to come out each Christmas
 They sit comfortably among the presents in the Sun room.
Wilbur from Kays Kids will probably love to meet them
They are Theodore and Edward

I found the lovely little Christmas child's case at Salvo's for $3
and the little book. The Joys of Christmas was only $1

May thy Christmas
happy be
And naught
but joy appear,
Is now the wish
I send to thee,
And all I love 
most dear






 I had decided not to have red in my Christmas decor this year, I mainly used white, silver and blue,
but I have to have it in my Sun room,as my family always look for the name tree.
The baubles are in traditional colours
My Christmas china is also red and gold, and we eat Christmas dinner in the sun room.

This is a little tree that has all their name baubles on it.






This little Angel has been with me for almost 50 years
She is my best little Christmas treasure.


The Wreath in here is called Spring,although our Christmas is in summer
I love it and added a red bow.


The shelf in this room.

The calender is from 1994, and has a lovely Victorian picture on each month
This is December page and says Merry Christmas at the top.

I bought it new in that year,to cut up for decoupage,but have never had the 
courage to put the scissors into it.
 I am glad I didn't now.


Making the Christmas cake 


I have to make one for my friends birthday party on the 22nd
so made it at the same time.
I'm going to ice her cake, 
but this year,
 I'm leaving off the icing for ours and decorating with glace fruit and nuts for a change.

Please join me for my favourite linky parties
The links are on my side bar.
Happy decorating
jeanetteann xx




23 comments:

Gina said...

Your Christmas decor looks lovely! I love your blue, white & silver mantel.

Your sweet angel topper is wonderful. What a treaure!

I know exactly what you mean by having to have the traditional red & green on the family tree. My kids are the same...they want they same tree as always.

Unknown said...

Love your pretty doily ornaments.

Merlesworld said...

Some people I know throw out their decorations and buy new every year, I like to add to my collection every year, you do too
Merle......

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Your sweet little angel ornament is just adorable!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

So festive! Love Christmas bears! I can never decide on decorations. They always do what they want! haha! Love my linen lovin' buddies! So glad you came by!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Love your Christmas decor especially the Bears. I collect Bearington Bears...
Hugs,
Deb

Barbara Neubeck said...

Hi Jeanetteann,
Your decorations are beautiful.
I love your family name tree.
Your colour scheme is elegant.
Have a good day
Barb from Australia

Beth said...

I like your "spring" wreath, your mantel, and your cake. Love the angel ornament you made as well. Merry Christmas!

Ana Love Craft said...

So lovely and delicate your angel!!! Love your decorations! Thanks so much for sharing!
Happy week !

Hugs from Portugal,

Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

Ivy and Elephants said...

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...
everything is so pretty! And I'm in love with the name tree! What a great idea. Just lovely!
Save me some cake.
Hugs,
Patti

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Jeanetteann, the angel graphic is so sweet upon the paper doily. I love the touch of aqua. Your vintage angel tree topper is a true treasure!
Hugs,
Jann

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Awwww... your little angel ornamest look so lovely on the white doilies Jeanetteann. Thanks for linking up at Shabbilicious Friday.

Ayu Maselli said...

Hello JanetteAnn,

So cute your angel decoration.
I love your re-look of the dresser furniture in other post.
very white shabby

have a great day

The Charm of Home said...

Oh, I love the tinsel on the table. My Aunt couldn't have a tree without tinsel! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Love all your decor, but your victorian angel is just so pretty! Visiting from VTT!

Doni said...

Hello Jeanetteann!! I love the decor you have worked on so lovingly, and I know your family will be so excited! But my fave is the "Name Tree"! I love that you have it so personalized!
thank you so much for sharing your home with us for Pearls and Lace Thursday!
Blessings,
Doni

Sally Annie Magundy said...

Thank you so much for telling us about the angel graphics to download. Yours looks darling.

Adore your tree with all your family names on the ornaments, so precious!

Happy VTT!

The French Hen's Nest said...

Hi Jeanette. That little angel is darling and so easy to make! Your blog is very beautiful. We just found you at the Rose Chintz Cottage Home party. The French Hens are joining your site and would love it if you visited us and did the same.

Linda and Jeannie at The French Hen's Nest

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hi Jeanetteann,
your Christmas decorations looks lovely. You are so creative and I admire your ideas. The little teddybears look as if they are waiting for Christmas like little boys.
Best greetings, Johanna

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Jeanetteann, your doily ornaments are really sweet and so are your bears! I also like your little tree in the sun room with the name ornies on it. Wonderful idea; a tree filled with memories! Thank you for sharing this lovely post with my HOME and have a beautiful weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Anonymous said...

Oh, what pretty Christmasing around your house! Love your sweet ornaments and I keep mine from year to year. The little angel ornament is so sweet.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Susan said...

Hello Jeanetteann...Everything looks lovely and festive! Nice job!

Thanks so much for your visit and comment, too. Susan

Unknown said...

I love your Christmas decor, and the doily angel ornament is gorgeous!! Thank you so much for sharing at It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas party! We are so thrilled to have you join in the fun!! I am also your newest follower. Your blog is wonderful. :)
Kathy