Translate

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sewing/craft/reading room


I spend a lot of time in this room,so I like it to be nice.


I collect little things that make me happy but also that are useful.


I really like the look of crochet hooks in a little jug, which I can carry to the sitting room easily when crocheting in there.


The little scissor holder was given to me by friends,they brought it back from England on their last trip. It is so sweet and made of pewter.


I so love little clocks, I can never have enough and I'm always on the look out for them.  I got this one in an auction lot for only a few dollars.



I have been busy making pillow cases for my Etsy shop, they are trimmed with vintage lace




The lace hanging in the corner is a vintage bridal train. I have been going to make something from it for ages,but can't bring myself to put the scissors into it.






I bought this little crystal mushroom lamp for only a couple of dollars,as it is missing its crystal mushroom shade.  I have been contemplating how to make a shade for it.  I have no idea at the moment.


  Ideas from anyone out there will be gratefully accepted,its such a pretty little lamp.
I have tried finding something that will clip onto the globe,but nothing is smaller enough.



A collection of my Christening Gowns,and nighties.



There's nothing like plenty of storage. 


 How do we collect so much stuff and still have to go out and buy more.





I keep moving my teddies and dolls so that I can sit on the couch,but they keep coming back.
I've threatened them with eviction if they don't behave.  I have already put some of the teddies into early hibernation.:)



UFO's everywhere, quilts especially.  I love baskets for storage on the floor.



Remember this little cupboard in a previous post.
I was going to throw it out,but instead tissied it up with paint and a crystal knob handle


Well I have changed it again after discovering chalk paint.
I first heard about chalk paint from my USA blogger friends,but I didn't think I could get it here.
Although it is a different brand,I was quite pleased with it.
I just painted it over the blue,then sanded it back a little ,to give it a shabby look.
Then I sprayed it with varnish. I then printed off the Pears picture and attached it to the door.

Now I am really pleased with the result. I still have to find a new piece of timber for the top,as the pink laminex was almost impossible to remove.



I moved the dolls from the shelf.
I sprayed these little terracotta flower pots with white paint
Then glued on some nice words and sealed them right over the whole pot.
A little strip of Hessian and a silk rose and I love the look 



                              Nightdress case,made from vintage lace,ready for my Etsy shop.



Well, I had better go and start dinner, how the time flies when your'e having fun.

I Hope you are having fun too
xx jeanetteann



Parties I am visiting this week
House in the Roses for Show and Tell Monday
Ruby Jean for sew and crafty Tuesday
Ivy and Elephants
Trish's Lace Wednesday at Lily-Rose-Cottage
Vintage Thingie Thursday, Coloradolady
Kristens Creations, Share Your Creations Party
Knick of Time Tuesday at Knick of Time
The Farmhouse Porch
Feathered nest Friday at French Country Cottage
The Charm of Home at Home Sweet Home
Vintge Inspiration at Common Ground
The Thrifty Groove, Thrift things Friday
Delectable Home , Show and Tell Friday

22 comments:

theromanticrose said...

Cara Janetteann,la tua camera di lavoro mi piace tanto!A casa mia non c'è spazio,sarebbe il mio sogno averne una per dare libertà alla fantasia come hai fatto tu!E' bello circondarsi di cose che ci fanno star bene ed essere felici con poco!Bacioni,Rosetta

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely room to spend time in. My favourite rooms are the ones with the most memories too. God bless x

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I love all the lace--especially on the fireplace--it looks so pretty! Love all the dolls and girly things. You did a good job with that little cabinet!

Gina said...

This is all so pretty! I love that you filled this room with all the things that make you happy!

chateau chic said...

So many pretties and special things in this room. I understand why you like to spend time there. We're all alike....we have so many collections, but we keep buying! :-)
Thanks for stopping by, Mary Alice

Unknown said...

Very lovely room. At least all your collectibles are organized and neat. You collect a lot of very nice things. Hope your week is wonderful.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I love your cozy room, specially the lace and all your pretty collectibles. You are very organized and I love that, I love neat and not clutter. Just lovely. Thank you for your kind comments and sweet visit.
Have a happy week.
FABBY

Ruby Jean said...

Oh I love your room, it is so very Sweet and has beautiful little touches throughout. I am sure you will have so much fun creating in your new space. :)

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Hi! Are you having troubles with your blog? I have gotten some weird things on my dashboard from you--hope everything is fine. Did you change your blog name? Thinking of you--Sandy

THE FARMHOUSE PORCH said...

So organized! Love the patina on that wash basin and pitcher.
I would love for you to come link it up at my Linky party, "Cowgirl Up!", still going strong at the Farmhouse Porch.
Hugs,
♥Linsey

c. Joy said...

First I love the mantle - did you make that beautiful covering on it? You have so many pretty things and yet the room looks so *pieceful* o.k., it looks very peaceful. Nice post.

LBP said...

My what a pretty room!

Thanks for sharing.

Linda

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

what a pretty and organized room! I love the silver set with the thimble and sissors.

LV said...

A perfect room filled with so many great treasures.

Mariettes Back to Basics said...

Dearest Jeannettann,

Have you ever searched LampsPlus for your fitting shade? Just google the word and you will find it. We've restored several antique lamps and always ordered from them.
You have quite some nice things. Love the scissor holder!
Love to you,

Mariette

Keetha Broyles said...

Way back up there in that first picture where you told us about the clock, I was waiting and WANTING to hear about the little silver sewing kit.

Susan said...

Hello Janetteann....

Oh, loved looking at all your treasures. You took good photos! Thanks so much for sharing. Loved it all.

I also want to thank you for all your visits and comments on my blog. Always love seeing you stopped by. Susan

The Porcelain Rose said...

Hi! Sweetie!
Been meaning to pop over for a visit!
Glad you liked my little cherub lamp re-do.
I so enjoy all of your lovely photos.
I LOVE those little flower pots! What a great idea!
Thank you for inspiring us.
Will visit again very soon!
Take care,
Elizabeth

Special 'K' said...

Yes a beautiful room filled with all your beautiful treasures. Thank you for sharing. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I love your cozy room, filled with things and most loved treasures! You sure have great storage places, I love the basket kind too, I always did it when I had my girls were small and now I do for so many of my things as well. Lovely. Enjoy your weekend.
FABBY

Ivy and Elephants said...

I just had to come snooping in some older posts and that little scissor holder just about ripped my heart out! Oh, it is the most precious thing I've seen in a long time. You are one loved lady, with exceptional friends! It's gorgeous!
Hugs,
Patti

Tisha Clapp said...

What a sweet room - you have some beautiful treasures. I love your heirloom baby gowns! Thanks for linking up.