Translate

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Christmas Decorations projects


I finally unpacked some Christmas decorations
I have decided to decorate with only white,blue and silver this year
I only unpacked the ones I had in these colours

This Angel was very tattered and dusty from years of Christmases
So I recovered her with scraps of lace I had,including her falling apart wings
I also made a little tinsel halo



I am just thrilled with her new look
I forgot to take a photo of the before,
 but you could imagine after about 30 yrs how she would have looked




I love her new look



I then decided to make some lacy stockings


I cut out the shape using old white sheeting, one for the front and one for the back
I glued a Victorian girls photo to the middle
and then just placed and pinned pieces of scrap lace in a 
crazy patchwork way over the entire front.





I stitched them all on using the machine
and zigzagged around the entire shape
Then I placed the back piece over the top
with a piece of stiffening in the same shape over this and the back
pinning through the 4 layers




Machine stitch all around the outside,leaving the top open


Trim around the outside close to stitching


Clipping the curved edges for easy turning


Turn in the right way pushing out all seams


Add a piece of lace trim around the top and machine stitch in place





Add a ribbon loop the the top 


And hang,


If you are still with me, I'm on a roll girls
(he he,don't think the guys would be)

Then I made a little heart the same way

PS. do you like my table covering. I bought it online from 
Fabric Traders (Simone at Beach Vintage's shop)






This is  bag I made a couple of years back


Still going
Got the glue gun out and 
glued some fabric roses I made a little while ago
to a little wreath


Annnnnnd, Tissied up my plain pearl wreath with some pretty baubles and bows


I think that's enough for one day

Let's go visit some more blogs for more Inspiration
I certainly get lots of that from blogs and pinterest
What would we do without them?

Must mention too.

I have been getting loads of spams on my comment board this week
Never happened to me before, it's a bit scary.
Not sure what to do about it other than just click on spam to clear it,any ideas greatly appreciated.
They sure are persistent
It's in a foreign language, but I did recognise the drug word, NOT NICE

Anyway off to have a browse
Oh and I will be visiting some of my regular parties too
The links are on my side bar. 
xx jeanetteann



20 comments:

Susan said...

Oh my, Jeannetteann. Your little angel re-do is great! She has the prettiest little face and the lace looks lovely! Great job!

Gosh, I haven't begun Christmas decorating yet. I will the day after Thanksgiving. Susan

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I love your little remade Angel and the pretty stocking and all the projects! I hope your blue, white and silver Christmas turns out just the way you want it to!

So sorry you are having spam. I haven't had that problem thank goodness. I think Janae did for awhile but I think it has gone away.

Have fun decorating!

vicki archer said...

Your angel is beautiful Jeanetteann... and those hearts... Christmas is coming... I know.. I just can't imagine it yet...:) xv

Kays Kids said...

How special you have made that angel look. She is so beautiful. Have lots of fun decorating.
Hugs

Barbara Neubeck said...

Hi Jeanetteann...I love your angel and her new dress...she's just beautiful. Thanks for showing how you made your lovely lace stockings. You have inspired me.
Have a good day
Barb from Australia

Sue McPeak said...

Beautiful Angel...She is better than ever I bet, and such a good idea to re-do and save a treasured ornament. Love the stockings and the heart hanger. I'm inspired...thanks...I needed a nudge to get me going on Christmas.

Susan said...

I love how you transformed your angel she is adorable. I want to make some lacy stockings this year. Your stockings are gorgeous!

Alessandra said...

Oh my God! I love your gorgeous decorations. The angel is fantastic, the heart and the stocking are very very beautiful and romantic.
Kisses
Alessandra

Ivy and Elephants said...

I just love angels! I am going to do a tree with just angels this year. You are so creative, such great crafts! The stockings are amazing.
Hugs,
Patti

Maria said...

Sounds like a lovrly colour scheme for Christmas Jeanetteann!All those projects are so beautiful and quite inspirational! :-)

Gina said...

You have been very busy creating all these wonderful pieces! What a wonderful idea to update your old angel. She looks beautiful!

I get alot of spam too. I hate it, but have no idea how to get around it. Luckily, blogger filters it pretty well so it doesn't actually end up on my blog, but it does drive me nuts!

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Hi Jeanetteann,
You have been so busy! Your angel is beautiful and I love your crazy quilt stocking, very inspiring!
I once had someone spam my posts a lot (50+ posts), but it seemed to be a one night thing. I know some people turn on comment moderation for older posts, that way you can keep an eye on it. Good Luck:-)
Hugs,
Bella

Maria Elena said...

Gorgeous Christmas projects!!! You are very talented!

Doni said...

You've been a busy busy busy girl!! First, just getting the decorations out would have put me down for about a week, but it obviously got you into the crafting mood! Little Angel is gorgeous with her new look, and those wreaths are beautiful..Pearl one especially!! But the stocking is GORGEOUS! Lovely job!!
I'm so glad you joined me for Pearls and Lace Thursday!
Blessings,
Doni

Olga Poltava said...

These are such pretty decorations. I really like that angel.

Rose Garden Malevik said...

I just say WOOW....your christmas stuff are just LOVLEY :)
I think you have done a great job.....really romantic.....
and do not miss....

S
A
T
U
R
D
A
Y

S
H
O
W

O
F
F

it is FUN :)
WELCOME
HÃ¥kan ( The Roseman)

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

You really have been creating some beautiful things Jeanette Ann. The little angel is lovely all dressed in her new finery. Love the stocking and heart. Thanks for sharing them with Share Your Cup.
Hugs,
Jann
p.s. I thought that I followed you a long time ago but I didn't see me. So sorry my friend. Following you now.

Denise said...

WOW! If I could only sew.All are gorgeous.Love you work.Very talented you are.Denise

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Jeanetteann,
You are quite a talent with laces! Wow, that angel looks divine and also the stocking and heart.
At the top to the left I also read that both of you were a GOLDEN COUPLE in October. Happy belated golden anniversary to both of you! Wishing you good health for years to come.
Hugs,
Mariette

lambs and ivy designs said...

Hi Jeanetteann,
thanks for your visit and kind words!
I can't believe how many beautiful things you have made..love them all..especially the stocking!!

Have a wonderful happy thanksgiving!

Dana