Translate

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Christmas decorating almost complete

I so wanted to decorate in blue,white and silver this year
I even spray painted the green tree white and silver.

I bought some silver and blue angel hair tinsel and little silver baubles
Then painted the gold angel for the top of the tree, silver.





While spray can was in hand, the gold angel from my garden got the silver treatment too.
My hubby said he better not hang around too close or he might get the silver treatment too,

chuckle chuckle

 

The little musical cherub is too nice white,so she got a reprieve.

All of the blue,white and silver ran out. Soooo, I decided to keep that colour scheme for the sunroom,where we eat Christmas dinner.

I decorated the rest of the house in traditional colours.



Santa and his sled and Rudolf in the hallway.My collection of Myer Christmas bears always come out at this time of year to say hello.



 A simple little wire tree on the coffee table and a tiny angel.

 Friends brought back the little Limoges dish from a recent trip to Paris and I love it.

 I think the lovely decorative red pattern on the cloth was enough without more decorations.




 The mantel was dressed in it's usual swag.




 My collection of Santa's looked fine on the hall table.  Their little legs dangling over the edge




 We have Seven Grandchildren, and their photo's hang in the hallway.  I placed their Christmas baubles with their names and birth year beneath.




 Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without the Nativity set,which has been around the whole of my married life.

  It brings visitors great joy,as they enter the front door.

Our Grandchildren have always enjoyed rearanging the figures,and have always taken such great care of them.

I hope you are enjoying preparing for the festivities as much as I am xx blessings j


I am linking up with Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Common Ground and
House in the Roses for Show off your Cottage Monday

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow you are sooo organised already for the festive season...I teach Sunday School can can't believe we're starting the first week of Advent this Sunday.the house is still to be decorated, I usually decorate for the 8th Dec. I love the silver, blue and white theme. Your mantle looks great too! HAve a wonderful week!Joyful Blessings.

Unknown said...

It is addictive when you have a spray can in your hand isn't it?

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Everything is so beautiful! I love the things you painted..and so funny your husband said he was afraid you were going to paint him. My husband always tells people I would paint him white if he would let me. LOL It took me 3 years to collect the blue and silver I have so far. Before that I decorated in pink and white. You should tell your husband he should just be happy you aren't painting everything pink! Thanks so much for sharing all your festive decorating! Now back to thanksgiving work---

Unknown said...

I love how you hung the little ornaments under the photos! That was very clever! :)

I hope you have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving! :)

~Liz

Antiques And Teacups said...

My goodness! You have accomplished a lot already! Congratulations! I still have the pumpkins up! LOL! Thanks for your visit. I love your split color scheme idea. Lovely job!
Ruth

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

It looks as though you are all ready. I love the idea of the ornies below the kids pictures!!

Karen said...

You're way ahead of me, I'm just beginning to decorate. Your home is so festive and pretty. I'd better get busy.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

It's beginning to look like C'mas...that's for sure at your lovely home! I love it, thanks for sharing at Cielo's. Hugs, FABBY

Flea Market Lynn said...

Love the manger scene.......and the blue and silver tree.......just beautiful. Thanks for stopping by to visit. I am still decorating.....the outside is done, now to the inside!

Anonymous said...

I just commented on your crochet trim inspiration post...thanks so much for the mention...I am truly touched and honoured!

Have yourself a great day..it's raining here..but my coffee is hot! so all is well in my part o' the world!

ciao bella

creative carmelina
xoxo

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Such sweet vignettes you have put together! I'm sure your grandchildren are just charmed by it all.

vicki archer said...

You are so organised... you have put me to shame! How festive and lovely your home looks... xv

Ana said...

Oh Jeanetteann,
Everything looks so festive. Love your sweet Nativity scene. Can't believe Christmas is just around the corner. As of today all my decorating is done...Yay! Now I can just sit back and enjoy. Wishing you a wonderful evening.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

So festive!
Adore the tradition, certainly the best time of the year!

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of the baubles under the photos!Your home is looking just lovely. God bless x