Translate

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Looking back at the garden before the heat wave


It is so terribly hot at the moment and has been for far too long
The garden has suffered so much even with heaps of watering
So I thought I would post some pics of the before
Hopefully it will recover for us to enjoy once again.
















The tree ferns are burnt to a cinder. We are hoping they will 
recover. We will have to cut them right back to the stem
I think in the winter we will replace them with roses
They seem to be the only ones to tolerate such high temperatures.



The roses are hanging in there and still look like these did before the heat
well out back anyway. The ones in the front garden are struggling 













How is your garden fairing in this heat wave?
I have enjoyed looking at my own photo's to remind me what the garden did look like
and will again I'm sure

Enjoy your week
and join me at some lovely linky parties
The links are on my side bar

xx jeanetteann 


9 comments:

Kays Kids said...

Hi Jeanette, My garden is struggling and my roses are so much smaller in the flowers now. I picked some to take to a nursing home today and they look like miniatures.I am well and truly over all this heat.
Hugs Kay

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeanette! Oh, your flowers are so pretty! Everything is pretty dead now at my house because of the winter. We don't get snow but it's been too cold for any blooms. Loved seeing yours and hope those pretty flowers survive your coming heat. Thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Donna Heber said...

Jeanette,

Wow, it was so nice to view your gorgeous flowers! We were -4 degrees this morning with LOTS of snow on the ground. I can't wait to get my hands in the dirt again :-) I hope things cool off for you soon.

Alessandra said...

Your flowers looks marvellous! In Italy it's winter and it's too cold for any blooms.
Kisses
Alessandra

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Your garden is stunning. Where do you live at? All of my roses have been dead headed but are really growing. I can hardly wait for Spring. Thanks for sharing your beautiful garden.
Mary

Merlesworld said...

I have a few sunburnt flowers too but my plumbago is flowering well everything else is hiding from the sun.
Merle,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Maria said...

Jeanette the photos of all those blossoms in your garden are gorgeous! It's a shame that the blistering heat is really hitting your state so hard! It's dry here in Brisbane but over the years the 'delicate' plants have unfortunately died off and now I mainly have natives. Just a few potted petunias which have to be watered twice a day sometimes.

Barbara Neubeck said...

Jeanette you flower photos are gorgeous. I'm sure your garden will come back to this beauty again.....
The tree ferns always fry and frizzle in summer.
My little garden is mostly in pots and we can move them around according to the weather so it's not too bad here.
Hugs and Blessings
Barb xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeanette! It actually felt like spring around here today as our temps got up into the high 70s! I loved it.
Thanks for popping back in to see my little cow creamer.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)