Translate

Friday, September 27, 2013

Christening/Baptism Romper and cape set


I haven't been blogging much lately,as I have been
spending so much time in my sewing room.

I recently had a huge sale on Ebay and cleared most of my stock
of Baptismal/Christening outfits


I had lots of new ideas to create some different sets
This is the first of the new range

Boys romper,cape,hat and shoes in ivory silk

I have an order for another very different one I will show you
as soon as it is completed


This one is smocked in the palest of blue and piped around
the smocking, collar and cuffs

I quilted a whole lot of silk to make the collar and cuffs and band
for the hat

The buttons are self covered on the cape


These are the Christening stoles I also make



This set is available in my Etsy store

etsy.com/shop/jeanetteodonnell
or email me at jeanetteod@live.com.au

I am visiting some lovely linky parties this week
Join me
The links are on my side bar

I hope you have a happy weekend

xx jeanetteann

9 comments:

Kays Kids said...

Who ever is Christened in that out fit will be very special. i do smocking so it is dear to my heart.
Hugs
Kay

Alessandra said...

Just gorgeous!!! It's all so beautiful and sweet.
Kisses
Alessandra

Merlesworld said...

They are so beautiful, love the little hat.
Merle........ ............ .............

Shabby chic Sandy said...

That is so precious--you do beautiful work!

Unknown said...

Oh my Gosh Jeannette - you are so incredibly talented - this is just GORGEOUS !!!
XOXO

Decor To Adore said...

You are so immensly talented!

I am having a Fun Fall Foods Linky party tomorrow and every recipe link (old or new) is eligible to win the giveaway.

I'd love for you to link up!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

How adorable! I love the smocking. Your are a beautiful seamstress, Jeanetteann! Thank you for sharing at my hOME.

Blessings,
Sandi

RachelD said...

Jeannette Ann,

You know, I've wished all my life that I could write a Thank You note to an author or an artist whose work has given me so many happy hours and so much enjoyment, and I HAVE done on occasion---to those who were still available, still living.

And a gentle regret in my adult years has been that I didn't KNOW that Norah Lofts or Gladys Taber or Agnes Sligh Turnbull were still alive, still in reach. As were several of my favorite artists, still creating that magic which I could only marvel and enjoy.

And now this---this glorious creation, right here in reach for the looking, and YOU right on the other end of this magical machine---even today tucking tiny stitches into another wee garment with those gifted hands.

This little ensemble is just the sweetest, most beautifully made set of garments I think I've ever seen. Each stitch a prayer, as my Mammaw used to say.

I will not rattle on, taking your precious time from that beautiful work, but I must tell you how touched and how gladdened I am to know YOU, and that there's MORE within the click of a button, right there on your screen.

Thank you so much for this great art you're creating and sharing with folks on such special days in the lives of their little ones, and for sharing it so graciously with me.

rachel

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Jeanette Ann, your work is amazing. These will be family heirlooms some day for sure! I read your latest post and that set is just as fabulous! What talent you have! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann