Translate

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Winter is here

                                                              WINTER IS HERE
                                                A lovely warm cosy fire,slippers and a rug,
                                                      only one more thing I wanted to do 
                                                                and that was knit.



A trip to K Mart to look for yarn
I usually buy wool from the Bendigo woollen mills
when making jumpers,but just for a scarf, K Mart yarn is fine.

I found this strange looking stuff called Pallette
It had the pattern under the label.
It took me a half hour to work out what the pattern was saying.

After only an hour my scarf was half way there. 
It was layers of frills.
 All I had to do was knit into the holes 
and use the holes along the strand as the wool to wrap around the needle.

Very clever whoever thought it up.


Within 3 hours it was finished. Amazing stuff.


When my daughter saw it she wanted one too.

So when My Granddaughter, Kelly came over on Sunday and saw mine.
She wanted to knit a plain scarf.

Off she went with her mother to K Mart to buy some wool
I asked her to get me another ball of the Pallette in Autumn tonings.

We sat down and had a lovely afternoon knitting away,all cozy in front of the fire with a cup of tea,
while the rest of her family went off to the footy.
"Rather be here Nanny", she said


Kelly loves a cup of tea especially in a china cup.



Kelly's wool is a lovely turquoise colour in plain knitting
and the one for my daughter was finished by dinner time.

I'm in the mood for more now
What are you knitting at the moment?

xx jeanetteann

I will be visiting
Sandy at Rose Chintz Cottage
Antiques and Teacups
A Delightsome Life
My Romantic Home
Rooted in Thyme
Crafttionary




                                   

19 comments:

Trish said...

Hi Jeanetteann, thanks for linking up and leaving such a kind comment :-)
I like your lace scarf a lot!
It knited up so fast and looks really good.
It's a great idea to have a pattern on the label too.
I'm sitting in front of a cosy woodfire myself and working up the will to leave it and go cook tea lol!
Keep warm and blessed..Trish xx

Shabby chic Sandy said...

It is so weird to me how we are living in the same world and enjoying different seasons. I love that scarf! It is so pretty. Haven't seen one like that before.

Saw the Queen on the news tonight and thought of you. She looked so elegant is her white and silver outfit.

Have a great week!

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

Jeanetteann, it looks beautiful and I'm kind of jealous of you having Winter now and sitting with a cup of tea to knit. Sounds so cozy. And I loved hearing about your granddaughter wanting to stay and sip tea and knit with you. How lovely. Thanks for coming by and keeping up with what's going on at Quirky Vistas. I appreciate so much that you take the time.
Liz

Gina said...

That is a beautiful scarf! I wish I knew how to knit. Stay warm!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeanetteann! Oh, what a lovely scarf! I can see why everyone wanted one too. Now I can crochet but not knit. I tried to teach myself once, didn't happen.Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Kathy said...

This is such a warm and cozy post - while we are here trying to cool off from the afternoon's heat you're happily sitting by the fire - love it! Love the scarf - it is so feminine! I appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Very nice scarf! I bet it was truly fun to watch it come together :)

m.

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Hi Jeanetteann,
I love your scarf and the fact that you all enjoyed knitting together makes for a lovely day, al cozy!! It always surprises me to see winter coming to others when summer is coming here:-) Although today felt like winter was coming, haha!!
Hugs,
Bella

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello Jeanetteann,
How lovely to sit in front of the fire knitting with loved ones! Makes a cozy picture. I really like the frilly scarf and I love the pink teacup! Thanks for coming to tea and have a lovely day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Snap said...

There is nothing better than knitting (or crocheting) and a cup of tea. Definitely two of my favorite things! Happy Tea Day!

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

That's a great way to spend a day knitting and having a cup of tea. Thanks for sharing on Simple & Sweet Fridays! Have a wonderful relaxing week.

Jody

Barbara Neubeck said...

Hi Janetteann,
Love your scarf. My sister told me about this yarn....a friend of hers was knitting a scarf with it.
I'm sewing squares together for blankets for the needy at the moment...my 95yr old Mum has been knitting these squares for a couple of years now....she knits one a day....she knits better than me.
God Bless
Barb from Australia

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hi Jeanetteann,
your scarf looks beautiful. I can imagine that your granddaughter loves to have tea with you. All looks so coszy and inviting. Time with the grandmother is for kids so precious.
best greetings, Johanna

Anonymous said...

Knitting by the fire, sounds bliss to me!

Anne Payne said...

Love the frilly scarf, and your teapot is great! Such wonderful memories y'all are creating.

petals and vintage said...

Sounds lovely Jeanetteann.xx

Unknown said...

We looked at that wool only last week and thought how pretty the scarf looked..actually they are the new rage at the moment, once you see one, you see them everywhere. Just beautiful!

Unknown said...

Now that is the perfect afternoon! :)

~Liz

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a beautiful frilled scarf! Sweet photos, too!