Translate

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Pink china and glass




This is my china cabinet which holds my collection of pink glass
It is getting extremely full and untidy.   Time for a sort out




Other collections keep finding their way in there too, like pink china and other little bits and pieces



Soooo, out came everything and it all got a good wash and polish


The French wine glasses went back in first,along with the matching liqueur glasses.






Depression cups and saucers



Bubble glass bowls and a favourite pair of crystal salt and pepper shakers




My treasured compote/stemmed fruit bowl and a little dish which was the first piece of pink glass I owned other than the French glasses. 




Candle holders,a gift from dear friends






 A bedside water set,which includes tray,lidded jug and glass




Now I think it is much nicer, what do you think?








 Art Deco vase and liqueur set







Water jug



Now to the pink patterned china




 I can't resist buying any of these English patterns in this colour way,when I see it.


They are mostly the Charles Dickens series, Churchill and Country Life, patterns











 I so like these Grindley set of jugs, which I use regularly 






Parties I am joining this week.
House in the Roses , Show off your Cottage Monday
A Delightsome Life , Home and Garden Thursday
Coloradolady , Vintage Thingie Thursday
My Romantic Home , Show and Tell Friday
How Sweet the Sound, Pink Saturday


Giving encouragement to others is a most welcome gift,
for she results of it are lifted spirits,
 increased self-worth, and a hopeful future.
Florence Littauer


xx Happy Week,  jeanetteann







21 comments:

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Wow--you really have a collection! I love all the pink glass. It is beautiful and so hard to find at thrift stores. It must be worth a lot!

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Jeanettann,

Wow, you have quite a nice collection and a nice display of pink glasses and china! You mention French glasses, any idea which make?
Love to you,

Mariette

Alicia said...

QUE PRECIOSO ESE CRISTAL EN ROSA...
LOSPLATOS INGLESES LOS TENGO IGUALES...
SALUDITOS

Chris said...

Hi Jeanettann, what a beautiful blog. I love your china cabinet and the glassware etc. is absolutely stunning. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

chateau chic said...

So much easier to see your beautiful glassware now. I love the pink stemware...just beautiful!
Mary Alice

Two Cottages And Tea said...

What a wonderful collection of pink glassware. I love your collection of pink transferware, too. I have a china cabinet like yours and I need to clean it out and rearrange things in it. It used to be my Gramma's, so its very special to me. Thanks for sharing,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

You have a wonderful cabinet filled to the brim with all of this gorgeous pink depression glass! I love it. I have a few pieces and just think this is one of the prettiest colors.
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

Kathy said...

Oh my! I love your collection of pink glassware! I have just become familiar with the French pink dishes - is yours Arcoroc? All your dishes look lovely displayed in the case! Thank you for sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

What a perfect time to show off your beautiful collection! That pink glass is just stunning! Love your transferware too. It must feel great to have it all sparkling again. Mine is never all clean at once!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Oh Jeanetteann, your pink collection is absolutely gorgeous! You have alot more than I do girl. I collect more of the red glass, but love pulling out my pinks for Valentines and Spring. Your solid pink jugs are darn cute. I have not seen any like those before. I have a couple of those English plates with the scenes. I think that they are sweet. Your China cabinet looks all sparkly clean. Isn't that a good feeling?
Hugs,
Jann

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Beautiful collection!
...Thanks for stopping by my lil'blog and leaving a sweet comment :)

Greetings from Australia♥

Coloradolady said...

What an amazing collection of pink glassware!! It is beautiful!! I love the transfer ware too, I love red and white transferware. Happy VTT

Anonymous said...

You and I have similar tastes. Your collection is much larger and more beautiful than mine. What a beautiful tour.

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Oh I am drooling! Love all your pink, I have green depression ware. I need to do the same thing with my cabinet..mabybe you are my inspiration!

Antiques And Teacups said...

LOVE your pink glassware and china! They make such a great display in the cabinet but you can use them! What could be better! I guess this means my cabinet needs a clean as well....
Ruth

LV said...

You have an awesome glassware collection.

Unknown said...

Well now it SPARKLES! :) You have a lovely collection!
Those red transfer ware plates are wonderful.

~Liz

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

What a beautiful collection. I especially love the wine glasses and the transferware plates. Hugs, Sherry

Unknown said...

Amazing collection-I'm your newest follower-stop by for a visit!

The Charm of Home said...

Oh my goodness! You have so many pretties! Gorgeous!
Sherry

Kathy said...

Beautiful collection JeannetteAnn, I am going to have to be on the look out for some of these! Thank you for sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy