Translate

Monday, July 11, 2011

Easy Tuna Pie & the start of lime marmalade

This pie is so quick and easy and kids love it. 
I only remembered to take a photo after we had dug into it
Drain a large can of tuna and place into a casserole dish, cover with the contents of a can of spaghetti in tomato sauce.  Boil about 4 medium potatoes and roast half of a medium butternut pumpkin.  Mash them together with a handful of grated cheese and some milk.  Spread the mash over the spaghetti and top with more grated cheese.  Bake in the oven until golden.
I served it with coleslaw and cauliflower cheese.
 I was given a bag full of limes from a friend, the skins are yellow because they were on the tree a little longer than they should have been.  I was told that's what happens to them, but the flesh is pale green.  I couldn't bare to waste them, as they sat in the fruit bowl for two weeks before I managed to get around to cutting them up.
 This lovely fruit mixed with a couple of lemons is now soaking overnight.  Tomorrow I will boil them up with some sugar and bottle it.  I will show you the finished marmalade in my next post.

No comments: