Translate

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Cheese & potatoe pie

Pulled this old recipe out of my notes the other day, as I was running out of ideas to feed my grandchildren when they came for their once a week dinner.  They polished off the lot.  I thought you might like to share too.
One puff pastry sheet
good quantity of new potatoes, cooked in their jackets (just underdone)
2 eggs mixed with 4 tablespoons of cream and salt and pepper
1 egg yolk ( I mixed the leftover white with the 2 eggs above) mixed with a little milk for glazing the pie
quantity of mixed grated cheese and salt and pepper
Grease a pie dish, layer the potatoes and cheese finishing with a layer of potatoes.
Pour egg mixture over the top
Cut pastry into 8 rectangles, and then corner to corner to make16 triangles. 
Lie them over the top of the pie so that the points are towards the centre, overlapping them until the whole pie is covered.
Glaze with the egg wash and bake in a moderate oven for 30-40minutes

1 comment:

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

This pie looks so yummy. I am going to give it a whirl for sure. Just happen to have some puff pastry in the freezer. Congrats on your new book.